NEWS

Dr G K Singh selected to head AIIMS Patna; Dr Sandeep Kumar to head AIIMS Bhopal

Monday, September 5, 2011

Dr G K Singh, head of the orthopaedics surgery department and Dr Sandeep Kumar, head of the breast surgery department at Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University (formerly King George’s Medical College), Lucknow have been selected to head the new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Patna in Bihar and Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh respectively.

“The decision to set up AIIMS on the lines of the 50-year-old AIIMS in New Delhi was taken by the central government a couple of years ago to make tertiary medical care available to common people in different parts of the country,” Dr G K Singh told IANS.

Of the six new AIIMS-like institutes being set-up across India, the others are located at Jodhpur in Rajasthan, Raipur in Chhattisgarh, Rishikesh in Uttarakhand and Bhubaneswar in Orissa.

“I am told that all the new AIIMS would become functional by 2012,” said Dr Sandeep Kumar.

Both Dr G K Singh and Dr Sandeep Kumar have had brilliant academic records and wide experience in their respective disciplines. Dr Singh is an alumnae of King George’s Medical College where he topped his batch, while Dr Kumar passed out with a gold medal from Allahabad Medical College. Both joined King George’s Medical College as lecturers and have been teaching there for three decades.

While Dr G K Singh was a Fellow of the International College of Surgeons, Dr Sandeep Kumar did his PhD from Cardiff University and was a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons. Dr Singh has the distinction of doing a stint as advisor at B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences in Nepal.

Both Dr G K Singh and Dr Sandeep Kumar said they would assume their new offices later this month. The academic session at the Patna and Bhopal AIIMS is expected to commence from 2012. [Source: IANS]

Categories: NEWS

Tags: , , , ,

More from NEWS

Two high school students develop screening tools to detect lung and heart disease

Doctors propose to change terminology of mental health drugs

India needs to step up medical research: Prime Minister

Maulana Azad Medical College wins FICCI Healthcare Excellence Award 2014

Bihar CM regrets for his ‘chopping off hands’ remark, IMA cancels strike

Govt to set up 5 new AIISH-like institutions across India

40 Comments »

Comment by Dr. Saurabh Mohan
2011-12-02 08:55:38

I have completed my M.D in anesthesia from manipal unversity, and want to join aiims patna as my home town is patna…how to apply for the post of senior resident…plz help

Comment by shishu pal kumar
2011-12-28 20:15:14

i shishupal kumar working in the PGIMER; chandigarh as x_ray technologist from 2008 to till now.I want to join aiims patna it is my home town. And my wife is working in the govt.hospital sector-32 chandigarh as sister grade-2(nurshing).from 2010 to till now.both are want to join aiims patna.so please give me guidline.

Comment by dwarika prasad
2011-12-29 16:53:15

i dwarika prasad working in Dr. Lal Path Labs New Delhi as X-ray technologist from 2008 to till now i want to join aiims patna it is my home town. please give me guidline.

Comment by nilesh kumar
2012-01-04 11:12:35

i nilesh kumar working in pgimer;chandigarh as medical lab technologist from 2005 to till now. so i want to join aiims patna, it is my home town. please give me guideline

Comment by Dr.B.S.Dangi
2012-01-05 11:31:15

I am Dr.B.S.Dangi, Reader in Department of Biochemistry in Dental College, Want to join the AIMS, Bhopal

Comment by Dr.Rajiv mohan
2012-01-06 12:22:58

In which paper the post for surgery Asst professor and professor AIIMS bhopal is advertised.Dr.Rajiv Mohan

Comment by vijay
2012-01-07 09:09:47

The advertisement for faculty post for AIIMS has a faulty or incomplete proforma put on web in Dec. 2011 which was for online submission. Can the authorities checkup with the website. I’m confidant that till date you may not have recieved even single application because of the inadequately updated website. The website http://www.mohfw.nic.in does not even have the mention of the faculty post advertisement.
Can anyone(authorities) dosomething for the same & make the process simpler & straight forward.

Comment by Binod kumar chaudhary
2012-01-16 18:34:04

I have completed my B.scMLT and M.sc in clinical research and regulatory affairs from manipal unversity and sikkim manipal unversity, and want to join aiims patna as my home town is patna…how to apply for the post of clinical researcher or lab. technician…plz help me ………….my email id binodkumar.chaudhary@gmail.com

Comment by Editor
2012-01-16 19:09:37

Please visit http://aiimspatna.nic.in/ to fill the job application online.

For more details on how to apply for the faculty positions at the six new AIIMS, please see http://aiimspatna.nic.in/advertisementFinal.pdf

Wishing you all the best!

Comment by ravi
2012-02-09 14:15:32

hi,i’m an occupational therapist working in bihar want to join aiims phulwari,patna,any vaccency for occupational therapist

Comment by dr ravindra kumar
2012-02-25 11:24:27

hi drs,,,,,,,,,,,,,
i am about to complete my m.s. orthopaedics from assam medical college, dibrugarh in may 2012.
wanna join aiims patna as i belong from there.
can any1 help me, how can i proceed for the same?

thanx every1.

Comment by dr ravindra kumar
2012-02-25 11:26:42

is there any vacant post in dept of orthopaedics and OBG for the post of senior residence or assistant prof?
pl help me out

Comment by s mishra
2012-02-25 23:29:21

After getting degree, you will be eligible FOR Senior Residency.
After completing 3 yrs Senior Residency, if vacancy there, advertisement will come, than only you will be eligible.
AIIMS. and other institutions of national importnce are out of MCI rule, require minimum 3 yr as S.R. to be eligible for asst professor.

Comment by santosh kumar suman
2012-03-02 22:29:53

Dear Sir,
I have done Biomedical engineering in Chennai in 2011 , but i want to work in bihar patna aiims , so can any one guide me how to apply for same .

Comment by ajeet kumar singh
2012-03-03 08:07:47

i ajeet kr sngh, a pharmacy graduate with MBA (Maketing) am seriously interested to join AIIMS PATNA either as a HOSPITAL PHARMACIST or should be considered to open a pharmacy retail shop at campus premises to serve the patients in a better way as having excellent knowledge of medicines and retail management guide me in this direction how to proceed.

Comment by Akash
2012-03-03 13:12:11

An aiimsonian should head aiims.Rest others are not capable enough.

2012-03-09 11:30:09

I have aplied for the post of Prof in Pathology. When are the inteviews expected to begin?

Comment by MD SADRE ALAM
2012-03-18 09:32:05

I S ALAM. I have done B.sc MLT (Pathology).I have 10 years exeperience in this field. I want to joinn AIIMS patna.

Comment by Dr Pratibha Chauhan
2012-04-06 15:11:53

DIRECTOR, AIIMS,PATNA,
Sir,
I had applied for Associate Professor(Biochemistry) for new AIIMS,Jodhpur but I did not get any communication so far.Could you please intimate me at my e-mail address about the status.
With regards,
Dr.PRATIBHA CHAUHAN
MBBS,MD,Ph.D.
Assistant Professor(Biochemistry)
SMS Medical College,JAIPUR-302004

Comment by Dr Balaji
2012-04-08 14:22:01

Faculty Interviews will start on 9th April is what AIIMS Bhopal website says, but there is no news or intimation. Any idea on the status?

Comment by Dr Balaji
2012-04-08 14:23:23

Actually MCI rules also states 3 years post-MD experience is needed for Asst Prof post now and private colleges are insisting on it nowadays.

Comment by Dr.Neeraj Dhameja
2012-04-28 09:32:54

Sir, i applied for the post of assistant professor in patholgy in new aiims to open, but ihave not received any information. kindly help me.

Comment by Tabassum
2012-04-28 11:24:01

DIRECTOR, AIIMS,PATNA,
Sir,
i have done Bsc.medical imaging technologist (xray ,ct scan,mri,mammography,fluoroscopy etc) from manipal university,manipal.i have 3 years working experiece also in manipal .i wanna to join in aiims (phulwarisharif,patna )because its my home town,any vacancy for Bsc.MIT.

.I have also done diploma in clinical reseach & bioavaibility/bioequivalence in manipal university,manipal.

Comment by RASHID HUSSAIN
2012-05-01 16:34:08

DIRECTOR, AIIMS, PATNA
Sir,
I had applied for the post of data entry clerk in AIIMS Patna, but I have not received any information from there. Please help me.

Comment by Deepak kumar Choudhary
2012-05-02 14:21:24

sir,
I am working as Clerk in Central Secretariat New Delhi, I am willing to serve in AIIMS, Patna from where I have to contact for this. Please let me know.

Comment by Dr Anil
2012-05-03 06:08:14

Dear Director, Patna
sir ,
we appeared in interview that was held on 26th april for assis prof in TRAUMA and EMERGENCY . so how long will it take for result publication? Cos no any information available .
Thank you sir…..

Comment by DrAruna Solanki
2012-05-05 07:00:15

Dear Sir
I applied for the post of professor microbiology for new aiims. I am having more than 27 year teaching experience. I have not received any information regarding my application status inspite of repeated emails.Therefore it is requested you kindly reply to my comment.

Comment by kunal yogesh chandra
2012-05-11 10:19:18

I have completed my bachelor and master degree in prosthetics and orthotics from NIOH Kolkata, and want to join aiims patna as my home town is patna…how to apply for the post of prosthetist and orthotist. please guide me. presently i am working as assistant professor at indore institute of medical sciences, indore.

Comment by rajivani singh
2012-05-19 17:32:20

respected director,
i am working in pharma industry having experience three years in quality control department.my home town is patna.how can i apply for the post of pharmacist

Comment by saba khanam
2012-07-07 17:55:22

DearSir, I am medical lab technicion .I have completed two years DMLT for IMA .I want to apply AIIMS hospital . What is the process.My home place in patna but i stay in bahrain .I am working in bahrain .Which month the form is open please you mail . My email id is saba1248@ gmail.com .Thanks

Comment by DR RAJESH KUMAR SRIVASTAVA
2012-07-09 16:51:45

Dear Sir, I am medical record officer in era’s lucknow medical college lucknow. My qualification is BAMS & BSc MEDICAL RECORD MANAGEMENT AND also waiting result for PGDHHM.
My home place is LUCKNOW.i want to apply AIIMS hospital. My E mail is rajeshkumar.srivastava469@gmail.com.Which month form is open please Email. My hospital experience is about 10 years from ELMC & HOSPITAL LUCKNOW.

Comment by BRAJESH KUMAR
2012-08-19 21:34:53

Dear sir, i am B.Pharmacy . I want to open pharmacy retail shop in AIIMS Patna campus.Please guide me sir, in such way direction how to proceed it.

Comment by SURESH DHAKAD
2012-09-21 13:09:13

Dear sir, i am B.Pharmacy . I want to open pharmacy retail shop in AIIMS BHOPAL,campus.Please guide me sir, in such way direction how to proceed it.

Regards
Suresh Dhakad
09425969686

Comment by Dr. Subodh Kumar, PhD Medical Biochemistry
2012-10-07 12:55:05

Comment by Dr. Subodh Kumar, PhD Medical Biochemistry
2012-10-07 12:49:54

To
The Director AIIMS patna
To
The Director AIIMS Patna
Subject: Application for the post of TUTOR/Senior resident
Respected Sir
I am waiting for interview call for a long period of time. . I am sending to you my updated biodata as a attached file.
Sir I am waiting for your positive response
Thanking You Sir
with regards
Dr. Subodh kumar
PhD Medical Biochemistry
DAVV, Indore(MP)
Mobile:07607879471
My BIODATA

CURRICULUM VITAE

Career objective: – I would like to utilize my skills, abilities and my strengths for an all-round growth of myself and for the betterment of organization.

Current Address Permanent Address
DR.SUBODH KUMAR S/O Sri Rajnandan Prasad
Ph.D Medical Biochemistry Village- Hazipur
C/O Upendra kumar,Bari Pahari, Post:- Milky
P.O.-Sohsarai, P.S.- Laheri, Dist.- Nalanda (Bihar) Dist – Nawada (Bihar)
PIN- 803118(Biharsarif) PIN – 805110
Tel.: 07607879471 Mobile – 09835496376
Mail: subodhbiochem@ yahoo.co.in

Personal Particulars
Father Name Sri Rajnandan Prasad
Mother Name Smt. Kamla Devi
Date of Birth: 01-Mar-1978
Gender: Male
Marital Status Married
Nationality Indian
Languages Known: Hindi & English
Interests: Research work, Meditation, Listening Natural music Music, Action movie

Educational / Professional Qualification :
• Ph.D in Medical Biochemistry (2012) Awarded under Faculty of Medicine from Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalya, Indore (MP) Topic entitled “A study of acute phase protein and its relationship with erythropoietin in case of tuberculosis with anemia and the response of ginger administration”
• Medical Education Unit Project completed in Sri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Science on Title “Framing of Modified Essay Questions in Biochemistry for M.B.B.S. students”

• Project work done on entitled topic:- “A study on lipid profile in case of Chronic Renal Failure” in the Dept. of Nephrology & Biochemistry in Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Science (I.G.I.M.S.)Sheikhpura,Patna during Master Degree.
• Research & Training: Job Training in Biochemistry Department Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Science(I.G.I.M.S)Sheikhpura,Patna .
Exam Passed Board/University Year of Passing Division % of Marks
M.Sc. Biochemistry P.U,Patna 2003 1st 60.38%
B.SC. (zool.Hons.) M.U, Bodh-Gaya 1999 1st 60.00%
Inter(XII) B.I.E.C., Patna 1994 1st 79.33%
Matric (X) B.S.E.B.,Patna 1992 1st 75.22%

Experience:
Name & Adress of the Org. Served Post Held Duration Nature of Duty
Katihar Medical College Katihar,(Bihar) Tutor 22-08-2005 to 22-08-2007 Teaching
SAIMS Medical College Research Scholar March 2008- March 2010 Teaching and research
Major S D S Medical College, Fatehgarh,UP Tutor 29 July 2011 to Till Date Teaching
Paper/ Poster Presentation
• Paper Accepted in 39th Annual Conference of A.C.B.I Held at Jharkhand December 2012 “Broad spectrum role of ginger extract in cases of pulmonary tuberculosis patients”
Dr. Subodh Kumar1, Dr. Mrs. Kiran Saxena2, Dr. Ravi Saxena3, Dr. K.R.Prasad4
• Paper Presentation as a poster in 37th Annual Conference of A.C.B.I Held at Mumbai from 13 to 15 December 2010 “The effect of herbal supplementation on anti-inflammatory level in tuberculosis patients on DOTS”
Subodh Kumar1, Dr. Mrs. Kiran Saxena1, Dr. A.R.S Sinha2, Dr. Meena Verma3, Dr. Ravi Saxena1 , Prof. K.R.Prasad4
1. Department of Biochemistry, SAIMS Medical College, Indore (MP)
2. Department of Biochemistry, Chirayu Medical College & Hospital, Bhopal (MP)
3. Department of Biochemistry, MGM College, Indore
4. Department of Biochemistry, Katihar Medical College, Katihar (Bihar)

• Oral Presentation in 37th Annual Conference of A.C.B.I Held at Mumbai from 13 to 15 December 2010 “Iron homeostasis and CRP in case of anemic pulmonary tuberculosis patients”
Subodh Kumar1, Dr. Mrs. Kiran Saxena1, Dr. A.R.S Sinha2, Dr. Meena Verma3, Dr.Avanish Mishra1, Deependra sharma4
1. Department of Biochemistry, SAIMS Medical College, Indore (MP)
2. Department of Biochemistry, Chirayu Medical College & Hospital, Bhopal (MP)
3. Department of Biochemistry, MGM College, Indore (MP)
4. Department of Biochemistry, College of Medical Sciences, Amargadh (Gujarat)
• Paper Presentation as a poster in 36th Annual Conference of A.C.B.I Held at Kochi from 5 to 7 November 2009 “A study on acute phase proteins and its relationship with hemoglobin in anemic pulmonary tuberculosis patients”
Subodh kumar1, Kiran Saxena1, Rashmi A Kulkarni1, Avanish Mishra1, Ramesh Pradhan1 , Rosy L. Pradhan,1 A.R.S Sinha2
1. Department of Biochemistry, Sri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences, Indore (MP)
2. Department of Biochemistry, Peoples Medical College, Bhopal (MP)
• Oral Presentation on forthcoming 35th Annual Conference of A.C.B.I Held at Kolkata from 19- 21 December 2008 “Relative oxidative stress and its antioxidant defence mechanism with circadian rhythm in tobacco chewers and oral cancer patients”
Dr Avanish mishra, Subodh kumar, Dr Deependra Sharma, Dr. K.Saxena, Dr A.R.S. Sinha, Dr Ajai kumar*
Dept. of Biochemistry SAIMS Indore and *GSVM Medical College Kanpur
• Paper Presentation as a poster in 15th Annual Conference of A.M.B.I Held at Indore from22-25th November 2007 “ Alteration in lipid profile patterns in chronic renal failure & associated complication”
Subodh Kumar, Dr. A. Mishra, Dr. M. Mishra, Dr. A.R.S.Sinha, Dr. Mrs.K.Saxena
Sri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences, Indore
• Paper Presentation as a poster in 34th Annual Conference of A.C.B.I Held at Delhi from 17 to 20 December 2007 “ A study of Alterations in Plasma Lipid Profile in Patient of Head and Neck Cancer, Oral Precancerous Conditions and in Subject with History of Tobacco Consumption” IJCB, December 2007, Vol. 22 (Supl.) P9. 15 (315)
Subodh Kumar 1, Mohit Bhandari 1, R K Shrivastava 1, Manish Misra 1, Avanish Mishra 1, A.R.S Sinha 1 , P.K Banerjee 2
1. Department of Biochemistry, SAIMS, Indore M.P
2. Department of Surgery, MGM Medical College, Indore, M.P.
• Paper Presentation as a poster in 32nd Annual Conference of A.C.B.I Held in
Patna from 18 to 21 December 2005“A Study on Lipid Profile in case of Chronic Renal Failure”
Subodh Kumar Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Shiekhpura, Patna

Workshop & CME Attend

• CME And M.P. Chapter of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India Held on Gwalior (M.P) September 14, 2008 Organized by Department of Biochemistry Gajara Raja Medical college, on topic “ The Role of complement and its receptor in Health and Disease”

• 34th Annual Conference of A.C.B.I Held at Delhi from 17 to 20 December 2007 regarding Topic- Stem Cell Therapy, Nanotechnology in Clinical Biochemistry, Micro arrays of Proteomics (sponsored by Randox)

• 15th Annual Conference of A.M.B.I Held at Indore from22-25th November2007 regarding Topic- Set up of ideal molecular diagnostic laboratory, Clinical applications of PCR, Forensic DNA Typing, snp genotyping of sickle cell disease by Real-Time PCR, Molecular Medicine – is it a Disruptive Technology?
International Conference Attend
• International Conference “Photosynthesis in the Global Perspective” Nov. 27- 29 , 2008 Organised By ; School of Life Sciences Devi Ahilya University, Indore.

Comment by Aftab
2012-11-11 12:02:15

hi,i’m an occupational therapist working in delhi and Haryana residing in phulwarisharif , Patna..Is there any vaccency for occupational therapist????

Comment by DR ARCHANA SINGH
2012-11-25 13:57:52

Dear Sir /Madam
I have completed my MD (OBG) . I want to do senior residency in AIIMS patna as patna is my home town. Kindly let me know about the procedure of appointment.Thanks for the help.

Comment by VINITA
2013-04-23 07:29:27

Dear Sir,

I have my bachelor in Prosthetics & Orthotics from NIOH, Kolkata .I want to join @ AIIMS ,Patna.

as my home town is patna…how to apply for the post of prosthetist and orthotist. please guide me. Presently i am working as Prosthetist & Orthotist @ Endolite India Ltd., Patna.

Comment by srikanth
2013-06-18 13:19:21

please forward your profile to srikanth@stanlife.com

Comment by ALOK SINGH
2013-08-09 15:50:55

dear sir/madam

iam alok kumar singh
i am 35 years old
i have complete DMLT at kolkata

ihave working experience upto8years

i wants join in lab assistant at aiims patna

Comment by Dhiraj kumar
2014-07-15 13:00:56

Hello, Can any one help me….
Mere uncle pichle 6 mahine se kidney se related disease (also a dibeties patient) se suffer kar rhe hai, unka ilaaz v Patna ke doctor k paas chal rha hai lekin kuch fayada nhi ho rha hai.
Purey family members pareshaan hai……

Issi disease ke wazah se mere ekk uncle ki death ho chuki hai { 2012 me} …

Agar aaplog me se koie person meri madad kar skte hai to plz mujhey koie aisa doctor bataie jo kamse kam isse thik kar sake…/ya to control me rakh sakey…
Taki wo apne life jii sake …..

Name (required)
E-mail (required - never shown publicly)
URI
Your Comment (smaller size | larger size)